Frequently Asked Questions

Help and Advice Service

Frequently Asked Questions at Total Building Control

At Total Building Control Ltd, we offer a national, high quality building control service which is a private sector alternative to local authorities. We are able to provide the building control function for a wide spectrum of projects.
What types of projects do you work on?
What is the role of a Registered Building Control Approver?
Should I inform my neighbours of my building work?
Do you get involved in Planning Permission?
What is a Party Wall Agreement?
How long is an Initial Notice Valid for?
When will you contact me after the initial application?
Will Trees or Soil affect my proposed building work?
How do I know if I have shared drains/sewers?
Will your Building Control submission affect my planning permission?
What is an Initial Notice?
When should I contact you?
What do I get at the end?
When do I pay?

Total Building Control for end-to-end support

Friendly Staff
Licensed & Accredited
Trusted Service